If you’re in the greater Philly/Central NJ or South NJ areas, next week presents 2 opportunities to ask hundreds of college admissions officers your questions about applying to and attending their schools.
- Check the “list of colleges attending” to narrow your focus to 10 schools
- Do some research to find out the basics on schools of interest (e.g. school size, majors offered, admit rate)
- Prepare a short list of questions to ask each admissions officer. These should be questions that aren’t already answered on the school’s website. Two questions I like to ask are: What type of student is successful at your college? and What credentials do you want to see from homeschooled applicants?
- Check the list of workshop times and remember to allow time to attend any workshops of interest
- When you get to the fair, plot out the locations of each school of interest and take the most efficient route
- Take notes!
- Consider registering in advance
- For more college fair tips, visit the National Association for College Admission Counseling website